MEET YOUR NEW JOB
The product team is the creative hub of our organization. We strive to initiate compelling product stories from initial concept to consumer, whilst remaining efficient, consistent, accurate and true to the brands we represent. This is the team that has the opportunity to make a difference.
As our product designer you will be responsible for bringing accurate designs for PUMA men’s &women’s SWIM. Because this is a seasonal business, you will be working on relevant concepts and seasonal SMU products for our body- and legwear categories as well.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create innovative design concepts solutions for SWIM, that are relevant to the local market and international business. Ensure that everything you do moves DOBOTEX and our licensee partners closer to become market leaders and experts in SWIM;
- Utilizing advanced design skills, creating original product designs that appropriately reflect our brand’s design DNA;
- Actively research and develop innovative designs solutions that can be developed through to market that are viable and commercially relevant;
- Maintain and keep up to date with relevant trends by visiting fairs and markets, compile visually inspiring reports with new ideas and opportunities and to share with the team;
- Effectively communicate the concept behind the line for internal & external audiences;
- Translate product briefings into conceptual and commercial designs that are relevant to Licensors creative direction and DOBOTEX business objectives;
- Provide prototype exact specifications for sampling information of the product lines and working closely together with all stakeholders including design, product development, product managers and sourcing department to stay on top of the progress of prototype sampling by keeping all relevant data up to date;
- Strategically develop conceptual stories, with truly vertical scope that can deliver coherent brand message to market;
- Be proactive and open to work independently on new product ideas;
- Maintain a high level of attention to detail regarding yarns, details;
- Ability to work in the specified time frame respecting the deadlines;
- Supporting the Product Managers / Marketing team to communicate the concept to the sales team, wholesale partners and consumers;
- Work with design leadership and category team members in Design, Development and Merchandising to ensure feasibility of designs, meeting price point, merchandising needs and product creation timelines.
WHAT IS REQUIRED?
- Education: HBO education in Design completed;
- Minimum of 5-8 year work experience in a similar position or with technical wear, swimwear or fitness preferably in a sports-lifestyle industry or international organization with global brand;
- Strong feeling with the brands (PUMA) we are working with;
- You have technical textile experience, you are confident with fabrics and trims;
- Must be proficient in Adobe creative suite programs, especially Illustrator;
- Organized, ability to prioritize, and can work well under time constraints and deadlines;
- Proactive, a self-starter that is highly motivated to work in a rapid paced environment.
- Strong team spirit;
- You have a good understanding (verbally and in written) of Dutch and English language;
- Show flexibility to adapt to a broad variety of briefs;
- Last but not least you have a positive mindset, you are an energetic person and you have a high sense of responsibility.
WHY JOIN DOBOTEX?
Dobotex will give you the opportunity to work in a successful company and have a unique insight into four global A brands combined with the expertise to create commercial successful products that drive substantial volume. We are big enough to be a serious worldwide player in the market, but small enough to make the difference as an individual. If you’re interested in this position and meet the requirements, send in your CV (in English) with motivation letter to email@example.com