WHO IS DOBOTEX
DOBOTEX is a product licensing company. We partner with global A-brands (Puma, Tommy Hilfiger, Levi’s and Head) to design, produce and sell their socks, underwear and swimwear collections. With a focus on consistent availability we optimize turnover by offering the best balance between quality products and excellent pricing. Our mission is to be the fastest moving in branded products. Moving with speed requires high productivity, expertise and confidence. This is how we make the difference.
DOBOTEX head office is located in ‘s-Hertogenbosch (the Netherlands) and our distribution centers are located in the Netherlands and Mexico City. We have several sales offices in Europe, Asia and South America. Currently we employ approximately 450 people.
The culture of the organization can be described as informal and direct. We expect self-belief, drive, openness and an entrepreneurial spirit from our colleagues. Everyone has their own responsibility and is given a lot of freedom. Furthermore, a hands-on mentality is essential. Decisions can be made within short periods of time because of the short reporting lines within DOBOTEX. Our employees are highly committed to our products and organization and this is one of the main reasons for our success.
THE TEAM & THE POSITION
The product team is the creative hub of our organization. We strive to initiate compelling product stories from initial concept to consumer, whilst remaining efficient, consistent, accurate and true to the brands we represent. This is the team that has the opportunity to make a difference.
The Design and Development of socks that are market leading for both lifestyle and performance categories for PUMA, Tommy Hilfiger, HEAD and Levi’s. Create innovative design concepts solutions for socks that are relevant to the local market and international business.
Ensure that everything you do moves DOBOTEX and our licensee partners closer to become market leaders and experts in socks.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain and keep up to date with market trends, compile visually inspiring reports with new ideas and opportunities and to share with the team;
- Translate product briefings into conceptual designs that are relevant to Licensors creative direction and DOBOTEX business objectives;
- Strategically develop conceptual stories, with truly vertical scope that can deliver coherent brand message to market;
- Actively research and develop innovative designs solutions that can be developed through to market that are viable and commercially relevant;
- Be proactive and open to work independently on new product ideas;
- Provide exact specifications for the development of the product lines, working closely with all product stakeholders including the designers, developers, product line managers and sourcing department;
- Maintain a high level of attention to detail regarding yarns, details;
- Ensure that the products are value engineered to deliver the best possible price value ratio for DOBOTEX and Licensee partner;
- Work in the specified time frame and respect the deadlines;
- Supporting the Product Managers / Marketing team to communicate the concept to the sales team, wholesale partners and consumers;
- Show flexibility to adapt to a broad variety of briefs.
WHAT IS REQUIRED?
- HBO education in Design completed;
- Min. 3-5 yr “socks” design experience, preferably in a sports-lifestyle industry or international organization with global brand;
- Strong feeling with the brands we work with;
- You have technical textile experience, you are confident with fabrics and trims;
- Must be proficient in Adobe creative suite programs, especially Illustrator;
- Organized, ability to prioritize, and can work well under time constraints and deadlines;
- Proactive, a self-starter that is highly motivated to work in a rapid paced environment;
- Strong team spirit;
- You have a good understanding (verbally and in written) of at least the Dutch and English language;
- Last but not least you have a positive mindset, you are an energetic person and you have a high sense of responsibility.
WHY JOIN DOBOTEX?
Dobotex will give you the opportunity to work in a successful company and have a unique insight into four global A brands combined with the expertise to create commercial successful products that drive substantial volume. We are big enough to be a serious worldwide player in the market, but small enough to make the difference as an individual. If you’re interested in this position and meet the requirements, send in your CV (in English) with motivation letter to email@example.com