MEET YOUR NEW JOB
As our Fabric & Yarn Developer you will develop fabric & yarn solutions for Bodywear, Swimwear & Socks. You will provide technical expertise in yarn / fabric developments that will fuel new product concepts and strategic development efforts. You will develop ideas and create technical material development solutions relevant for our brand portfolio, while ensuring alignment with seasonal direction/needs.
You will collaborate with Product Development, Design & Product Management to drive a point of view for new yarn/textile technology solutions. You will partner with our suppliers, external yarn / fabric mills, textile technology providers and machinery suppliers on solutions to ensure that relevant yarns and textile materials applications/processes meet all required performance + quality specifications. Additionally, you will continually research and analyze new yarn / fabric opportunities and machine technologies.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Initiate & follow up on lifestyle & performance material developments (fabrics & yarns) under consideration of requirements set by product management and design;
- Ensure that the material concepts are continuously assessed to support the category/market needs and the overall cost-engineering of the products;
- Ensure that quality standards are met in regards to suitable fabric & yarn applications on garments and brand requirements for fabrics and yarns;
- Research into new technologies, seasonal trends and competition analysis;
- Establish and maintain a close relationship with apparel development, product management, design, sourcing and external partners/suppliers;
- Support development, product management and design with technical and commercial expertise on fabrics and yarns;
- Manage internal material library for fabrics and yarns;
- Ensure internal systems are up to date with correct product specifications;
- Work with suppliers and ensure that timelines are met;
- Participating in collection-related meetings as needed, such as design, fabric & yarn meetings, meetings with suppliers;
- Color approval for lab-dips across categories.
WHAT IS REQUIRED?
- Bachelor's degree in Textile Science, Textile Engineering / Technology, Textile Design, Material Science or related field;
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ work experience in a similar position, preferably in the sport-lifestyle industry;
- Strong knowledge of fabric constructions, yarn and fiber types and international testing standards;
- Experience partnering with vendor to develop a material from inception to actual production;
- Organized, ability to prioritize, and can work well under time constraints and deadlines;
- Flexibility and willingness when it comes down to travel as required;
- Proactive, a self-starter that is highly motivated to work in a rapid paced environment;
- Fluent in English.
WHY JOIN DOBOTEX?
Dobotex will give you the opportunity to work in a successful company and have a unique insight into four global A brands combined with the expertise to create commercial successful products that drive substantial volume. We are big enough to be a serious worldwide player in the market, but small enough to make the difference as an individual. If you are interested in this position and meet the requirements, send in your CV (in English) with motivation letter to email@example.com.